A big trend over the last couple of years has been meal delivery services. It seems like there’s a new one cropping up every week! Personally, I love the convenience that they offer. From the time saved to the nutritionally balanced meals that require zero thought and prep on my end, I’m a happy camper when my fridge is filled with healthy, ready-to-eat meals.
But what about our little ones? Let’s be honest, our toddlers and preschoolers aren’t overly enthused to be eating the same diet as us most of the time. That’s where kid’s meal delivery comes into play, and yes, it’s a thing!
Part of my mission is to help connect parents with the best kid’s meal delivery services on the market that match the age(s) of their children, their preferences, budget, and more. Today, I’m very excited to bring you my complete review of Yumble, a brand with a beautiful mission to bring you the best kids’ meals straight to your door so that you can stress less and enjoy more.
If you’ve been looking for a way to ease the mealtime struggle that we all know too well when it comes to feeding our kids, then you’re going to love Yumble. So let’s dive in, take a look at what this kids nutrition brand has to offer, and find out if this could be the key to finally getting your child(ren) to eat nutritiously without all the headache and hassle.
What is Yumble Kids Meal Delivery? My Honest Review
The best brands have a good story, and Yumble certainly does. Yumble was founded by a mother of three, Joanna, who recognized that the task of feeding kids is often arduous and defeating. Knowing she wasn’t the only parent out there feeling the pressure to plan, prep, and prepare healthy, yummy meals for her children, and feeling guilty when she didn’t succeed – she decided to create a company that contributed to the greater good of parents and children everywhere.
The mission behind Yumble is to take mealtime stress off of your plate; sounds too good to be true, right? It’s not. They provide delicious and nutritious meals that are ready-to-eat. Joanna and the Yumble team understand that as a parent, you’re busy. Between work, school, sports, and other extracurricular activities., you’re being pulled in a million different directions, and preparing healthy food can be difficult amongst it all.
Using local, sustainable ingredients and simple, kid-approved recipes, Joanna and the team are delivering weekly boxes of healthy, delicious foods to your door each week.
Yumble & Shark Tank: What Happened After Yumble Went on Shark Tank?
For anyone who loves the show Shark Tank, you’ll love this interesting fact: Yumble’s founder, Joanna, pitched her business to the sharks on season 10, Episode 8. Bethany Frankel, the founder of the Skinny Girl product line and former Real Housewives of NY star, was a guest shark on the show that week and ended up negotiating a deal with Joanna.
Today, Bethany plays a big role in the marketing of Yumble and serving as the brand’s spokesperson.
The Quick Facts
|Age:||appropriate for Ages 12 months to 12 years, with a particular focus on toddlers ages 3-6.|
|Cost:||Meals start at $7.99, but can be as low as $6.99 depending on which plan you choose.|
|Number of meals per week:||6, 8, or 12.|
|Shipping:||Free and currently delivering to most of the East Coast, Texas, and parts of the West Coast and Midwest. If your area is not serviced yet, keep checking back as they are continuing to expand.|
|Dietary needs catered to:||The kitchen used to prepare meals is not nut-free, however, all Yumble meals are free of peanuts and tree nuts. Additionally, there are several dairy-free, gluten-free, soy-free, and vegetarian options on the menu.|
|Shelf life of meals:||Meals are delivered in a temperature-controlled box and should be immediately placed in the refrigerator where they will remain fresh for up to a week (7 days).|
Getting Started With Yumble
If Yumble has piqued your interest, getting the ball rolling is simple thanks to their straightforward process:
Enter your email address and zip code to verify that they deliver to your area before you go through the process of choosing your meals.
Decide how many meals you’d like delivered each week, choosing between 6, 8, or 12 meals. The more you buy, the more you save. Yumble applies a 15% discount for 8 meals per week and 25% for 12 meals per week.
Choose your meals from the weekly menu. On any given week, there should be about 20-25 meals to choose from. Or, you can let Yumble choose for you, filling your box with their top-rated meals. As a side note, if your child has any dietary restrictions or needs, be sure to filter your meals to display the options that are applicable to your child’s needs.
Check out and select your delivery date. You can choose which day of the week you’d like your first delivery and then which day after that you’d like your weekly delivery to arrive on. And don’t stress over this decision because you can log into your account and change your delivery preferences at any time! You can even snooze or cancel, there are no contracts.
What Does the Menu Look Like? Is it Gluten Free?
First and foremost, Yumble’s menu is specifically designed for kids. So while meal delivery services that cater to families are great, they’re usually more tailored to the tastes and nutritional needs of adults over children.
Mixing up the menu!
Additionally, Yumble mixes things up each week, releasing a fresh menu of new flavors in addition to their tried and true favorites, ensuring that your child will always find something they love on the menu each week.
As I am writing this, here are a few meals that stick out to me to give you an idea of what you can expect:
Popular Meals on Yumble Kids' Menu
- Ham n’ Cheese Pocket & Trees: One of their signature pockets with a side of organic broccoli
- Fold & Hold Cheesy Quesadilla: Cheesy quesadilla with organic green peas
- Gluten-Free Pasta and Broccoli Kids’ Dinner: All organic broccoli and corn plus extra hidden veggies
- Vegetarian Bean Burrito Weeknight Kids’ Dinner: With organic corn and our organic tomato sauce
- Organic BBQ Chicken and Cornbread Kid Friendly Dinner: Organic chicken in barbecue sauce with heat & rise cornbread
There are so many options on the menu each week, and all of them are filled with the nutrients and flavors that kids need and love.
What If My Kid is Extremely Picky?
No worries, Yumble has you covered! They have an entire menu section dedicated to picky eaters. These meals are designed to still be tasty and full of the nutrients your child needs, but still satisfying to even the pickiest of eaters (we all have one!). Basically, these meals are nothing fancy, nothing extra, and nothing for your child to turn his or her nose up to!
Here are a few example meals from this special menu:
- Scrambled Eggs & Bagel Healthy Breakfast for Kids: Plain whole wheat bagel with a plain egg patty
- Healthy Chicken Nuggets with Gluten-Free Super Spirals Pasta: Organic gluten-free chicken nuggets and gluten-free fusilli
- Pizza Pocket & Pasta Lunch for Picky Toddlers: Signature Pizza Pocket with plain gluten-free fusilli
- Ravioli Pasta & Broccoli Easy Lunch for Picky Eater Kids: Plain flower-shaped ravioli and organic broccoli
- Organic Chicken Nuggets & Sweet Corn Picky Eater Friendly Meal: Organic gluten-free chicken meatballs and organic corn
Who is Yumble Best For?
Yumble is designed for children between the ages of 12 months and 12 years old, however, these meals are most tailored to the needs and preferences of children between the ages of 3 and 6 years.
Aside from that, these meals are ideal for:
- Parents who want to give their children the best nutrition but struggle with the time, energy, and motivation needed to create meals each week.
- Kids who are picky eaters and struggle to maintain a healthy balance of nutrients.
- Parents who wish to take the guesswork out of feeding their toddlers, leaving the nutrition to the experts.
- Kids who enjoy a variety of meals and flavors without all the extras that often come with adult-tailored meals.
- Parents who want to save time, money, and stress each week by having meals delivered to their door on auto-pilot.
- Parents and kids who want to spend less time arguing over mealtime and more quality time enjoying the things they love.
Pros and Cons of Yumble Kids
- This service provides a simple, effective way to ensure your child is eating nutritionally balanced meals that meet their needs.
- There are hidden veggies in every meal.
- Special, healthy meals that cater to even the pickiest eaters.
- Meals are designed specifically for children.
- Convenient for parents, saving time, money, and a lot of hassle.
- Meals are perfect for mealtimes at home, school lunches, meals on-the-go, and more.
- Weekly delivery based on your needs.
- Delivered fresh and ready to eat, meals are never frozen.
- Yumble uses nutritionists and chefs to design all their meals.
- Each week the menu rotates so that you always have fresh, new meals as well as your tried and true favorites to choose from.
- It promotes less time stressing over meals and more time enjoying being a family!
- Meals are somewhat on the pricey side, but not when you consider the time and effort it would take you to plan, shop, and prepare them yourself. Having a meal plan can save you the time you need!
- The brand is still in the process of expanding, therefore, they may not deliver to your area just yet. However, they have plans of being nationwide in the very near future.
User Reviews: What Are Parents Saying About Yumble Kids Meal Subscription Boxes?
The vast majority of parents who used Yumble Kids for their meal delivery service say the pricing is reasonable and their kids love the healthy meals. Overall, Yumble kids provides a consistent and convenient way for parents to feed their kids a healthy meal that they actually eat every day. Whether you have a son or daughter, you can be confident knowing Yumble’s meal service can help you feed your kids the right food that’s kid friendly.
The most recent Yumble review came from a mom with a three year old. She’s been using Yumble Kids for around 6 months now and what she wants everyone to know is that it saves her time and her kids are eating healthy meals. At a price point of $7.99 per meal, she’s getting her three year old to eat healthy food every week, while saving time and getting a great deal. She also noted that her son loves the Chick N Casserole, something she would struggle making by herself.
Other user reviews state that the price range of $5.99 – $7.99 per meal can be justified by the time you save and the hassle of planning, prepping, cooking and cleaning the meals. Most parents would agree that having a meal plan consisting of healthy food and that gets delivered to your doorstep is a total life saver.
Final Thoughts: Will Yumble Kids Save Your Time and Sanity?
Ok, fellow parents, is Yumble the answer to your mealtime woes or just another ploy to take your money? My hope is that you’re leaning towards the former after reading my thorough review of Yumble’s kids’ meal delivery service.
If you’ve been looking for a convenient, cost-effective way to take the stress, hassle, and guesswork out of mealtimes for your children, then Yumble is 100% worth it. As a parent myself who has dealt with a picky eater for years, I understand the strain and anxiety that comes with trying to encourage your child to eat the meals you cook for them. For us parents, when our children don’t eat, it’s a mixture of frustration and concern for their wellbeing that can often become overwhelming.
Introducing kids’-specific meal delivery is a fun way to get your kids excited about mealtime. They’ll love receiving a box in the mail that’s just for them and will be eager to try out the meals. The best part is that every meal is kid-tested and approved before it hits the menu, so you can feel confident that the meals will likely be a hit with your child, too.
Make mealtime less stressful and fun, try Yumble Kids today! With just a few clicks of your mouse, you can be well on your way to blissful mealtimes.